Date: Jun 14, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue: University of Minnesota
Location: St. Paul, MN
Instructor: Dee Rhoda
Develop a solid foundation to begin working with Agile methods
Agile approaches have undoubtedly established themselves as a way to respond to change more quickly than traditional project approaches without sacrificing quality. As these processes become more mainstream, many teams, managers and stakeholders may wonder "Which of the various Agile methods is right one for our organization?" You will learn the Agile values, principles and practices in an interactive setting exploring Scrum, eXtreme Programming, Kanban and Lean Software development at a high level. The classroom will consist of hands-on exercises providing participants with the opportunity to practice Agile principles and processes working in a team setting.
Following the course you will be able to:
- Understand Agile Manifesto Values and Principles
- Understand how Agile methods can assist teams and organizations in achieving desired outcomes and goals
- Understand the difference between popular Agile methods of Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP), Lean Software Development and Kanban
- Understand the paradigm shift from project work to working on products
- Understand the move to customer-focused delivery vs. technology-focused delivery
CANCELLATIONS are subject to a ten-percent processing fee if received 5 or fewer working days before the program start. REFUNDS are not granted if you cancel on or after the first day of the program. Notice may be faxed to (612) 624-5359.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Agile Certificate : Elective Courses