Date: Sept 13 - 14, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Venue: West End Training Center
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55391
Instructor: Michael Sahota
Agilitrix and Collaborative Leadership Team Bring Certified Agile Leadership (CAL1) to Minneapolis, MN
Here's What Leaders are Saying
- “The best leadership training, I have ever experienced.” - J. Bergeron, Partner, PwC
- “You want agile? Do this first.” - A. Graham, CIO, Metrolinx
- “Take the course if you wish to lead. It’s like no other.” - K. Wilson, Agile Coach
Overcome Top 90% of Organizational Challenges With Agile.
Michael Sahota Will Help You Excel In Your Career By Teaching You How To:
You'll get the Playbook for high performance organizations
Learn how to consciously approach Agile
Overcome key Agile challenges
Develop leadership behaviours necessary to approach organizational culture
Work more effectively as a manager and with managers
Redefine executive leadership
Evolve culture at all levels of the organization
See causes of resistance and mitigate them
Have key conversations to clarify what is desired
Enhance your own leadership skills
Breakthrough Your Agile Leadership Roadblocks With Michael Sahota.
If you're looking for an event that will teach you another tool or tactic that will get you marginal growth in your organization, then this event is not for you. This is a breakthrough experience that will turn our attendees into the leaders they need to be, equipped with the right frameworks and mindset to go back to their organization and create real efficiency.
We have limited seating so reserve your ticket now for the Toronto CAL1 with Michael.
Praise from Executives and Managers
- “Game Changing, Awesomely Enlightening & Fun.” I gained insight on the importance of listening and self-awareness about my own personal triggers. I enjoyed Michael’s authentic style of delivery.
– S. Mann, Senior Manager of Technology Delivery
- “Prepare to have your mind blown. This is unlike anything you will have experienced before. Get out of the matrix!”
– K. Ali, Agile Development Manager
- “Enlightening, Powerful, Life Changing. I see I am not alone and it’s OK to ask for help. I liked that the class was straight forward, amusing, and thought-provoking.”
– C. Tan, Agile Program Manager
- “Thought-Provoking, Refreshing, Broadening. There is an acknowledgment and desire among the agile practitioner community that something is broken and this is one step to fixing it. Michael has great energy and the delivery was very inclusive.
– S. Ahmed, Head of Digital Products & Operations, Bupa
- “Dynamic, Insightful & Practical. During this training the most valuable insight gained, was to get out of my own way.”
– R. Ellerman, CEO
- “Intense, Challenging, Growth Building. The value of leadership is the key to culture, agile and many other successes. Listening is the most valuable tool for a leader.”
– M. Mullins, Head of Communications, Technology & Operations
- “Powerfully awakening and inspirational for my personal journey. I learned to listen to the system, to let it go, and that it’s all about heart, body and soul.”
– D. Whelan, Agile COE Lead
- “Inspirational, Holistic, Honest. I learned that ‘Agile’ is not the goal. Any good that I might aspire to do in others must be fully internalized and true in me first. I like the group discussion and decision-making. Michael showed a great level of respect for the whole person.”
– R El.ledge, Work Stream Lead, IT PMO
- “The best leadership and growth activity, I’ve done in 25 years!”
– A. Heath, Delivery Manager
MEET MICHAEL, YOUR BREAKTHROUGH CERTIFIED AGILE TRAINER
Michael is the number one trainer for the Certified Agile Leadership (CAL1) Program through the Scrum Alliance after teaching over half the graduates worldwide.
His classes are controversial and unique but that's what allows his Agile students to fluorish by showing them the missing pieces and common organizational challenges you can go back and implement immediately.
He's been in the Agile world for 20 years and is the expert in helping leaders bridge the world between Agile and organizational reality.
ABOUT THE CERTIFICATION
Advanced education for leaders, executives and change agents creating Agile environments.
Graduates will receive the Certified Agile Leadership (CAL 1) designation from Scrum Alliance®.
- 16 PDUs | 16 SEUs
- 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance®
- 2 free books, Decision Cards, and more
- Registered Education Provider with Scrum Alliance® and PMI
Q: What is the difference between SAFe and CAL1?
A: On the surface, the goals of SAFe and CAL1 are similar: An Agile Organization.
SAFe has an excellent focus on Tactical elements of Agile such as the process, roles, multi-team releases. It is a wonderful way to adopt Agile practices in a large organization. One might say the focus is on Doing Agile. The focus here is on what may we do to improve things with as little organizational change as possible.
The focus of my CAL1 is Cultural with an outlook towards Being Agile. How may we foster and Agile mindset to create a nimble flexible organization powered by engaged, innovative people? For this we look at topics such as leadership, org structure, culture, and organizational growth. The focus here is long-term sustainable growth from a holistic integrated perspective.
Q: What is the requirement for CAL1 certification?
A: Attending the full class is sufficient. There is no exam.
Q: Do all CAL1 trainings cover the same content?
A: Yes and No. All CAL1 trainings cover the same set of high-level learning objectives. But, each training is as unique as the instructor. Each CAL1 reflects the unique leadership and organizational development journey of the instructor.
Q: What are the pre-requisites before CAL1?
A: You are expected to have basic knowledge of Agile. This may have come to you through industry experience, reading, meetups or formal training. This course is designed for anyone seeking to foster a more “agile” high-performance organization. It is accessible and essential for leaders in innovation, lean, human resources, etc. – not just Agile.
Participants are expected to complete 2 hours of videos and readings in advance of the training. Then there is more time to focus on discussion and exploration. The reading guide will be shared with participants after registration.