Why a Build Party?
- As Agile and Scrum move into the mainstream, people are using this approach to build many other things – beyond software.
- Build Parties are perfect for introducing agile concepts to an organization or to help practiced teams re-launch.
- Because attendees apply the Scrum framework to solve complex problems, build parties are a terrific way to win buy-in about agile practices.
- No Agile experience or automotive background is necessary.
Whose car is it?
- Keyot and Collaborative Leadership Team partnered with Scrum Inc to bring this Build Party to the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN.
- Scrum Inc will be shipping one of their WIKISPEED vehicles to MN for the Build Parties.
- The car used for the party is owned by Scrum Inc and will not be sold to anyone for profit as a result of the Build Party.
- Costs for the day pay for Scrum Inc staff, shipping the car of course and the awesome training that will take place.
- Joe is a Certified Scrum Trainer for Scrum Inc: scruminc.com.
- Joe still maintains WIKISPEED as a volunteer based organization. For more information about WIKISPEED please visit: wikispeed.org
What can I expect if I attend?
- We kick off each build party by having the attendees self-organize into five person scrum teams, complete with a Scrum Master and Product Owner.
- Teams then swarm on the backlog to complete as many stories as possible, with quality.
- Each sprint the teams get a chance to review their work with the facilitators while using scaled Scrum to address impediments, demonstrate their work, and refine the backlog.
- Keyot, Rally and Collaborative Leadership Team are ensuring that everyone will be well hydrated and fed throughout the day including a continental breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as adult beverages.
Can we drive the car?
- Yes but that is entirely up to the teams!
- Some teams succeed in completing the car by the end of the event.
- Some teams do not succeed in completing the car by the end of the event.
- Either way, the experience in working “hands-on” as part of a Scrum team is totally awesome!
- Where else can you apply Scrum and eXtreme Programming concepts in a Manufacturing setting as a way to jump start your learning?
What will the environment be like?
- Keyot has a garage attached to their building so we will be “covered” from the elements.
- If weather permits, the garage doors will be open.
- There will be music and power tools so dress accordingly.
- Close-toed shoes are highly recommended.
- Tying back long hair is also highly recommended.