Certified Scrum Product Owner®
2-Day Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)® Course
This intensive two-day course will prepare you to take on the Product Owner role and is taught by a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer®. We’ll cover the Scrum framework but more importantly, what it means to function as the Product Owner, or Customer, for a Scrum team. You will learn about managing stakeholders, creating and grooming the Product Backlog, emerging detail with Product Backlog Items and User Stories including Acceptance Criteria and the Definition of Done.
You will participate in exercises, in-depth discussion, case studies and techniques to help illustrate practices and principles. After completing the course, you will earn the Certified Scrum Product Owner® credential with the Scrum Alliance. You will also receive a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, an organization that provides valuable materials and resources exclusively to CSPOs®.
Product Owners, product managers, business analysts, project sponsors or anyone interested in learning about the Product Owner role in Scrum.
This class will cover:
- The basics of what Scrum is and how it fits into an Agile process
- What the Product Owner role is and how it differs from a traditional product manager or project sponsor
- The process for creating, refining and maintaining a Product Backlog
- How to collaborate with the Scrum team to maximize business value with each Sprint
- How Scrum can enable your business to respond more rapidly to changing market, business and customer needs
Participants eligible for 14 Education Hours for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner application and 14 PMI PDUs
(Professional Development Units)